The Hob Angel® is of particular benefit to memory challenged people, whether this is because of physical problems such as stroke or addictions issues.
The unit has been designed to turn off the power to cooker hobs whenever an activated alarm is ignored. This could cover many situations, for example:
- the dementia sufferer who has simply forgotten they were preparing a meal;
- the distracted student who walks out of the kitchen leaving a soup pan on the hob;
- the alcoholic who puts on the chip pan after an evening in the pub and falls asleep; or
- someone trying to live a normal life while battling with multiple sclerosis and seeking the reassurance of a simple remote control and cut-out system for the hob.
Whatever the situation, and there are many, the end result is that the cooking process is stopped and the risk of fire is reduced, if not completely eliminated.
This fire prevention potential has already brought the Hob Angel® to the attention of several fire services in the UK.
The manual wall-mounted control can, by use of Bluetooth and mobile phone technology, become an immobiliser unit without the need for any further installations.
- Works to 45 amps
- Fits a 47mm deep double gang metal back box
- Replaces the standard double gang cooker socket
- Will affect the oven and grill when wired to a free standing cooker
The Hob Angel name and logo are registered trademarks. The Hob Angel® is patent protected (US: US 8,912,469 and Europe: EP 2066978)